The AICP will be presenting a webinar focused on the impact of COVID-19 on insurance regulation. The webinar will be hosted by Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals (AICP). Joseph Keller and Wesley Pohler of Westmont Associates, Inc. will be the presenters for the webinar.
The Westmont team has tracked all COVID-19 actions by states since the on-set of the virus in the United States. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing at www.westmontlaw.com.
If you have been flooded with DOI communications, bulletins and emergency actions regarding COVID 19 and need help sorting it all out, we are here to help. This webinar will review COVID 19 regulatory actions for all lines of business (P&C and L&H) such as:
- Current Department treatment of communicable disease exclusions;
- Telehealth visits: The new normal
- Mandated rate reductions for certain lines of business by state;
- Freezes on rate increases for certain lines of business by state;
- Impact on DOI’s ability and timing of review of carrier filings;
- Discussion of possible federal backstop for Business Interruption losses; and
- Discussion of federal litigation related to Business Interruption losses.